Tuesday 10 May 2016

Watercolour Tips and Tricks - Video Playlist

Since starting the #makeasplash watercolour challenge last month I have slowly been getting used to watercolour paints and learning how to get the best out of them. Early on I realised how different they were to the acrylics I tend to use and so I had to adapt the way I painted.

Now I could tell you that I learned all of the tips and tricks all by myself but that wouldn't be entirely true. Of course I have picked up a few things on the way through trial and error but I also helped the process along by watching some tutorial videos. I thought instead of me waffling on about what I've learned in the past couple of weeks I would put together a playlist of some of the videos I found helpful. Visually seeing how watercolour paints apply, layer and dry has been very helpful for me. Plus sometimes you need to see it rather than read it.

These first two videos have some simple beginners tricks in the form of what not to do. Some may seem obvious but sometimes you've got to hear them in order to avoid simple mistakes.

 

The next video contains the basic painting techniques you can use and experiment with in watercolour.

This video talks about your painting set up and tips to make painting easier specifically in regards to water.

And finally a video from one of my fave art channels on youtube, MaryDoodles.  In this video she goes over watercolour supplies and what you might need. However she does miss out watercolour pencils but apart from that she's pretty on point.

Hopefully this playlist is helpful to those starting out with watercolours. I found these videos to be be quite useful in getting me started. Remember cass art's #makeasplash challenge is running until the end of May so I hope to see more watercolour on my Instagram feed. If you want to see my progress just follow me on any of my social media links (links in the sidebar).

Hazel, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment