Monday 21 March 2016

My Nephew's Winnie the Pooh Wall Mural



I can't believe it has almost 3 years since I painted my nephew's Winnie the Pooh wall mural. When my brother and his soon to be fiancé asked if I would do it I jumped at the chance. I always wanted to do one but I thought it would be in my own room when I eventually did do it. This way I could try it out before I committed to my own room.

I started out with a rough sketch with Calum and Kerrie giving some ideas of what they wanted and went from there. Once the paints where bought the best thing to do was to start no matter how daunting it may have seemed at the time. I started in June of 2013 doing about two full days of painting a week and finished in August, about a month shy of the baby's due date.

By the end of it all I was really proud of what I had accomplished and considering it was my first project of that scale I thought I had done pretty well! I remember thinking "how on earth am I going to go back to A4 after this!"

When backing up photos I came across a bunch of progress photos from when I was painting the wall and thought it was about time I spliced them into video slideshow.


My nephew still loves his wall. He loves the little ladybird right next to his crib and makes buzzy sounds when he sees the bees a.k.a. the three amigos. I have even been told he likes to say goodnight to all of the little creatures, such as the butterfly, before he goes to bed sometimes. So I don't think the wall will need painted for a while yet!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment