Thursday 14 January 2016

Sketch A Day 2016 progress and Watercolour pencils

Even though it's only the 14th, I'm already looking back through my sketches and feeling quite proud of myself that I've managed to do quite a few. When I set myself the challenge of a sketch a day I thought a lot of them would be small, lazy drawings that I would quickly upload to get it out the way. But I'm finding I've done quite a few that are quite detailed. Obviously I won't always be able to do this all the time but it's nice to know that I'm capable of it. I also thought I might have packed it in by now since I decided to do it on a whim! Glad I haven't.

So here are my two favourites in case you haven't had to chance to see them yet.


Both of these pieces were done with watercolour pencils which I have found to be so much fun to use. Even though I quite like coloured pencils on there own, there is nothing like being able to use a brush and water for me. It's just so smooth and therapeutic, whereas pencils can be quite stressful at times especially when working with a lot of colour. I'll definitely be using more of these!

I've been trying to use a variety of different mediums and found charcoal and chalk pastels to be the most difficult for me to use. Hopefully in the coming months I will have grown more comfortable with them so much so that I will feature them as a favourite. But for now they shall stay a challenge.  

Stay tuned for more sketch posts soon!

Hazel, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment